Friday, February 27, 2009

Rock Bottom - Mmmm Beer

Between the chain breweries that call Indy home, I had always favored the brew at The RAM. Although, ever since Rock Bottom installed their new location on the northwest side of Indy, I have been going there a lot more often and sampling a lot more of their beer, especially the varying seasonal selections. I have always been a fan of different Ales and IPAs and tonight I had one that blew my mind.

Liz Laughlin, the head brewmaster for the northwest side location, has created something truly special in the Velvet Ale. I don't know how long it will be on the menu, but I already have plans to go back for more of this great cask ale in the near future. One sip will tell you where the name comes from. The texture is just as the name describes. There is a great balance between the sweet and bitter flavors in this beer. The hoppiness moves near IPA territory. This beer was so good I barely remember the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment